Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | RadioPublic | Stitcher | RSS
We’ve had a wild couple of years.
I’ve been investing for a very long time and I can’t keep in mind something prefer it. The pandemic shaved 20% off the market in what appeared like minutes, then snapped again and took off simply as quick.
Bitcoin began 2020 round $7,000 and now it’s round $50,000.
GameStop, one in all many “meme stocks,” began this 12 months round $15, went as excessive as $350 and is now about $150 — method down from the excessive, however nonetheless up about 1,000% for the 12 months.
Even the housing market’s been insane. Relying on the place you reside, it’s doable your house has elevated in worth by 40% in a few years.
However the good instances can’t final ceaselessly.
A lot of the asset inflation we’ve been experiencing is due to traditionally low rates of interest, and odds are good that punchbowl will quickly be taken away.
And that’s not the one threat we’re dealing with. Sadly, there are many different potential darkish clouds on the horizon.
That’s what this week’s “Money!” podcast is about. We’re going to speak about some financial dangers we would encounter within the 12 months forward — to not alarm you, however to organize and inform you. We’ll additionally speak about the best way to cope with any points which may happen.
As traditional, my co-host can be monetary journalist Miranda Marquit. Listening in and typically contributing is producer and novice investor Aaron Freeman.
Sit again, chill out and hearken to this week’s “Money!” podcast:
- Hear on Apple Podcasts
- Hear on Google Podcasts
- Hear on Spotify
The Execs and Cons of Dividend Shares for Retirement Financial savings
Don’t hearken to podcasts?
A podcast is principally a radio present you possibly can hearken to anyplace and anytime, both by downloading it to your smartphone, or by listening on-line. They’re superior for studying stuff and being entertained whenever you’re within the automotive, doing chores, jogging or, in case you’re like me, driving your bicycle.
You may hearken to our newest podcasts right here or obtain them to your cellphone from any variety of locations, together with Apple, Spotify, (*10*), Stitcher and RSS.
For those who haven’t listened to our podcast but, give it a strive, then subscribe. You’ll be glad you probably did!
Need extra data? Try these sources:
- Yahoo Finance: 2 big market risks for 2022, according to Bank of America
- Forbes: Top Economic Concerns For 2022—Growth Continues, But Risks Abound
- Armchair Dealer: Our five top financial markets risks for 2022
- Investopedia: What to Watch in 2022
- New York Occasions: The Economy Looks Solid. But These Are the Big Risks Ahead.
- BlackRock: Geopolitical risk dashboard
- Economist Intelligence: 10 risk scenarios that could impact global growth and inflation in 2022
- JPMorgan: Year-End Outlook: Investing Beyond the Pandemic
- Stacy’s stock portfolio
- Subscribe to the Cash Talks Information e-newsletter
- Take our course The Only Retirement Guide You’ll Ever Need
- Take our course Cash Made Easy
- Miranda Marquit’s website