Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | RadioPublic | Stitcher | RSS
Everyone desires to do the proper factor for our planet. We wish to scale back air pollution, hold the world from warming up, and combat for clear air and water. We additionally wish to do the proper factor relating to individuals: Encourage range, cease sexual harassment and help honest labor practices.
And relating to investing, we wish firms that embody the identical beliefs: firms that don’t damage the earth or the individuals on it.
That’s the thought behind environmental, social and governance investing, also referred to as ESG investing and socially accountable investing (SRI).
Placing your cash the place your beliefs are: It’s getting ever extra fashionable. As of 2020, greater than $17 trillion has discovered its approach into funds focusing on ESG. However is ESG investing actually going to save lots of the planet, or is that this one other intelligent bundle Wall Avenue is utilizing to wrap up your cash?
We’re about to search out out. As a result of that’s what this week’s “Money!” podcast is about. We’re going to look underneath the hood of ESG investing and once we’re finished, you’ll have the whole lot you could resolve whether or not it’s unbelievable or fad. And we’re going to do it with out making your eyes glaze over.
As typical, my co-host will likely be monetary journalist Miranda Marquit. Listening in and typically contributing is producer and novice investor Aaron Freeman.
Sit again, calm down and hearken to this week’s “Money!” podcast:
- Hear on Apple Podcasts
- Hear on Google Podcasts
- Hear on Spotify
7 Methods to Cleansing Your Toilet Sooner
Don’t hearken to podcasts?
A podcast is principally a radio present you’ll be able to hearken to anyplace and anytime, both by downloading it to your smartphone, or by listening on-line. They’re superior for studying stuff and being entertained if you’re within the automotive, doing chores, jogging or, in case you’re like me, using your bicycle.
You may hearken to our newest podcasts right here or obtain them to your cellphone from any variety of locations, together with Apple, Spotify, RadioPublic, Stitcher and RSS.
When you haven’t listened to our podcast but, give it a attempt, then subscribe. You’ll be glad you probably did!
Need extra info? Try these sources:
- NerdWallet: Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Investing and How to Get Started
- Forbes: Environmental, Social And Governance: What Is ESG Investing?
- Investor’s Enterprise Every day: 100 Best ESG Companies Combine Superior Stock Ratings With Social Values
- Bloomberg: Trillion-Dollar ESG Boom Rings Bubble-Trouble Alarm in New Study
- Motley Idiot: What is ESG Investing & What Are ESG Stocks?
- Vox: The thorny truth about socially responsible investing
- SustainFi: The Complete Guide to ESG Investing
- U.S. Information & World Report: 7 ESG Funds to Buy Now
- NerdWallet: Best ESG Funds: High-Rated and Low-Cost Options
- Kiplinger: 7 ESG ETFs to Buy for Responsible Profits
- Monetary Instances: ESG outperformance narrative ‘is flawed’, new research shows
- Related Press: From fad to force, sustainable investing sweeps Wall Street
- Stacy’s stock portfolio
- Subscribe to the Cash Talks Information publication
- Take our course The Only Retirement Guide You’ll Ever Need
- Take our course Cash Made Easy
- Miranda Marquit’s website